On Monday, during the eve of 11th anniversary of September 11 terrorist attacks, the Taliban announced that they will do everything to get rid of Prince Harry, who arrived in Afghanistan last week to begin a four-month tour of duty as an Apache attack helicopter pilot.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told Reuters by telephone about the plan to eliminate the prince, calling it the “Harry Operations.”
“We are using all our strength to get rid of him, either by killing or kidnapping,” Zabihullah said.
“We have informed our commanders in Helmand to do whatever they can to eliminate him,” he added.
Sky News also reported that the Taliban have described Prince Harry as “a high value target.”
“Whoever is fighting in our country alongside the U.S. is our enemy and we will attack him, Mujahid was quoted as saying.
“Prince Harry came to Afghanistan and he is a high-value target for us. We will try to arrest him. Because he is an Apache helicopter pilot, he will target us more.” If we are not able to arrest him we will target him,” he said.
Prince Harry will be stationed there for four months.
In 2008, Harry was pulled out of Afghanistan after news of his secret deployment there was leaked.
Today, September 11, Americans are commemorating the 9/11 terrorist attack which killed nearly 3000 people. The Taliban denied role in 9/11 attacks and accused the United States of using the incident to invade Afghanistan.