An Australian teenager luckily survived after being bitten by the world’s most venomous snake on Wednesday.
The 17-year-old boy is in a serious but stable condition in a hospital in Australia after being given an anti-venom.
According to reports, the boy took himself to Kurri Kurri hospital with a bite on his left hand and the boy’s friend was carrying a plastic tub containing the snake.
The snake was later identified as the Inland Taipan, which is native to the arid regions of central Australia.
The Inland Taipan also known as the Fierce Snake is regarded as the most venomous land snake in the world and is known to deliver up to seven venomous bites in a single attack. A drop of Inland Taipan venom is enough to kill 100 people.
Detectives are now probing how he came into contact with the snake. They do not believe that the incident was linked to a break-in at the nearby zoo on Sunday. They said no taipans were reported stolen from the zoo.